Graduating Class of 2019:
Congratulations on your accomplishments!
As you near your graduation from NSL, there are several tasks associated with graduation, your class composite photo, and preparation for taking the bar to complete. Please review the following information carefully and take the appropriate action. We will send reminders, but ultimately it is up to you to ensure you have completed the necessary steps for each item.
Graduation is 11 a.m. Saturday, May 25 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel Ballroom, 611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203. There are no tickets – everyone is welcome and the ballroom is theater-style open seating. Students must arrive one hour before the ceremony starts. We ask that all guests are seated by 10:30.
- Parking is available in lots and garages near the hotel.
- The ceremony lasts approximately one hour.
- A limited number of rooms are available in a block reservation for $199 per night graduation weekend (May 24-26). Book your group rate for Nashville School of Law Graduation. Rooms must be booked by April 24.
- If you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, email Beth McDonald.
Uchida Photography will be on campus Monday, February 25 and Wednesday, February 27 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. to take portraits. To be included in your class composite, you must have your photo taken by Uchida and purchase the minimum package.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT: Follow this link to schedule your photo session. Each session is about 5 minutes, so you need to be prepared to take your photo at your scheduled time. This includes hair, makeup, and graduation gown (which will be supplied). You will review the photos at the time they are taken and make your selection.
- You will be taking your photo in a black graduation robe supplied by the School. This looks best with a white collared shirt.
- You will have the chance to view your images immediately after they are taken. Please make your choices carefully. If you are unable to select an image you are happy with, let the photographer know at that time and discuss having your photo taken again.
- When you register for the photo session, it will ask you what name you want on the composite. Be certain to fill this in accurately – do you want your full name to appear, a shortened version of your given name (Jim instead of James?), do you want Jr., Sr., etc. included?
- All packages include your photo on the composite. Make sure you order prints for parents, spouses, etc.
Keep in mind that work to create the composite does not begin until after final grades and graduating class are determined, so prints of the composite will first be available this summer. Your individual portrait prints will be delivered before graduation.
CAPS & GOWNS
Herff Jones has provided a website link for you to rent your gown, tam, and hood for graduation. You also may wish to purchase announcements.
The regalia will be delivered to the School the week of April 22, and you will receive an email letting you know when it’s available for pickup. You are responsible for picking up your gown and tam from the NSL office. You will receive your hood as part of the commencement ceremony.
Please be advised that the garments must be returned to the Nashville School of Law within one week after graduation. You may return them to NSL staff at the hotel following the ceremony, or you may keep them that day and drop them off at the School later in the week.
The last day to order your graduation regalia online is Saturday, March 16, 2019. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.
LAW DEGREE VERIFICATION FORMS
In order to be considered to take the Bar Exam, you must complete a law degree verification form, found on the Board of Law Examiners’ website.
Fill out the top of each page, have it notarized, and return to Susan Dulin, who will file it with the Board of Law Examiners. Please allow enough time for the School to process it before returning it to the Board of Law Examiners. Return the form to the Board by the bar application deadline.
PHOTOGRAPHY DURING GRADUATION CEREMONY
Professional photographers will be at the event to take several photos of every graduate as they cross the stage. Photographers also will take candid shots throughout the day and be available to take group photos of students, your family, etc. after the ceremony. All photos will be available for purchase on the photographer’s website.
Herff Jones (Tam & Gown)