CLE: Ethical Duty to Protect Confidential Information in the Digital Age with Matt Sweeney, Bill Ramsey, and Jordan McQuown
December 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$50 – $65
1.5 Hours Dual CLE
This CLE will cover attorney competence and client confidentiality. It will discuss the attorney’s duty, evolving threats, developing technology, and available safeguards.
YOU WILL BENEFIT KNOWING:
- The attorney duty of technological competence under Tennessee RPC 1.1
- Your duty to safeguarding electronic communications (and whether encryption is required)
- Potential cybersecurity threats and responses – The ABA Cybersecurity Handbook
- Inadvertent disclosure and waiver in e-discovery – Will a clawback agreement protect your client and you.
- What’s reasonable protection of remotely stored data and the consequences of inadvertent disclosure, including waiver
- The risks of practice from a virtual law office (VLO)
Students enrolled in 2018-19 school year may attend free of charge.